Job Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job Title: Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineer (NCS)
Under general supervision, perform NCS engineering job functions. The specific work assignments may include duties or activities that assist and support management in ensuring strong NCS program and technically sound NCS analyses. Typical responsibilities are as follows:
• Perform NCS analyses and develop the safety basis for fissile material operations.
• Perform computer models to support NCS analyses.
• Establish limits and controls for plant activities to maintain safe, effective, and efficient operations.
• Ensure NCS requirements are adequately implemented.
• Participate in audits and inspections, incident investigations, and design reviews.
Job Requirements (Desired Qualifications):
• BS degree in nuclear engineering, physics, chemistry, mathematics or related field and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• NCS experience.
• Working knowledge of SCALE/KENO and/or MCNP.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Possess a DOE “Q” clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE “Q” Clearance.
Note: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
PSI provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants, without regard to unlawful considerations of or discrimination against race, religion, creed, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition or characteristics, marital status, or any other classification prohibited by applicable local, state, federal laws.
Why join Paschal Solutions, Inc. (PSI)?
When you join PSI, you will be part of a team that is second to none. PSI has provided criticality safety, nuclear safety, engineering, regulatory, and management services for federal and commercial clients since 2000. PSI has a reputation for providing high quality services which is demonstrated by the satisfaction of our clients resulting in long-term contracts.
As a service provider, PSI knows that our company is literally defined by our employees. We recruit and hire those employees considered to be amongst the best in their peer group and who have a sincere desire to help our clients. Additionally, we ensure our employees are well taken care of. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism.
For more information about PSI, go to our website at www.paschalsolutions.com